26 Oct 2014

Halloween and the Amazing Amanda Chapman

Amanda Chapman is an amazing makeup artist and photographer from Alabama who is currently undertaking a 31 days of Halloween challenge on her Facebook page and Instagram. She has done the challenge every October since 2012, and the results are always amazing.

Jared Leto
 This is a before and after comparison, which shows how amazing her transformations are! 


Charlie Chaplin,
Norman Bates, and Edgar Allen Poe

I'm loving the black and white makeup looks a lot. The one on the right is Edgar Alan Poe, which is one of my favourites from this year. You can view a short video of the Edgar look in action here, and one showing some of the creation process here.
 Here are some of my favourites from 2012 to now. The quotes are from her Facebook page. 
 
Nosferatu
October 22 2014

"To my knowledge, Nosferatu was the very first on screen vampire. Bram Stoker's Dracula was the first novel (Stoker's widow sued the filmmakers because they did not get permission to make a movie based on the Dracula novel). The silent film was released in 1922 and to this day Nosferatu is one of the creepiest vampires in my opinion.

Products used:
Vampire Stack in gray
Urban Decay black eyeliner
Bald Cap & Vampire teeth from Halloween Express
Mehron Synwax for nose and ears
Black contact lenses"



Lydia Deetz - Beetlejuice
 October 18 2014

"Because I'm a photographer and so was Lydia...also I did the Beetlejuice character in 2012 so I thought I'd make it complete I have a collection of vintage cameras so it was nice to incorporate one of them into my series.

Products used:
Bare Minerals BareSkin foundation in Bare Natural
Make Up For Ever HD powder
Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palette
Urban Decay black eyeliner
Benefit They're Real mascara
Rimmel Color Rush lip crayon"
Tina Belcher - Bob's Burgers
 October 5 2014
"If you know me then you know I'm a huge fan of animation...The Simpsons, King Of The Hill, Family Guy, American Dad and yes...Bob's Burgers! In honor of the new Bob's Burgers season 5 premiere tonight, here is one of my favorite awkward little animated characters, Tina Belcher!

Super simple makeup

Products used:
Revlon Colorstay Foundation
Urban Decay 24/7 black eyeliner
Mehron Paradise Palette in light blue and white"
 View more from 2014 here
Heisenberg/Walter White - Breaking Bad
 October 6, 2013
"I used a bald cap to cover my hair, Mehron's dark brown color palette for shading, contouring and facial hair. The glasses, hat and shirt are from Dollar General. "
 Larger version of the image here.
 
Coraline
October 5 2013
"I blocked out my eyebrows using layer upon layer of glue stick, concealer and powder. I also used the glue stick to attach the black button over Coraline's eye. Her blue starry top is actually my daughter's jacket from Target worn backwards and the yellow coat is mine."  
Larger version of the image here.
 
Bellatrix Lestrange - Harry Potter
 Oct. 14 2013
Larger version of the image here.
 
Little  Dead Riding Hood
Oct. 16 2013

"She didn't go down without a fight.

For the big bad wolf's (who ain't so bad anymore) claw marks I used Spirit scar putty...which I do not recommend. It's very sticky and difficult to work with. Then I shadowed the cuts with dark red and added a little fake blood. I had an old wolf mask just laying around (because who doesn't) and I purchased the red cape and dress from Walmart several years ago. I know she normally has blonde hair but I wanted to change up her look just a bit." 
Larger version of the image here. 
View more from 2013 here. 
 
Willy Wonka - Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
 October 26 2012
Lord Voldermort - Harry Potter
 October 30 2012
 
Sugar Skull
 October 1 2012
 View more from 2012 here.
 
 Isn't she just amazing? In case you want to go check her out but don't want to scroll all the way back up, here are the links again:
Amanda's Website
Facebook
Instagram

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment