7 Sept 2014

Lipstick Swatches Part 2


 Here are swatches of my purple lipsticks:


Left-Right: Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in Grunge; Liptember in purple; Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in TOK-I-O; and Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Vigorous Violet.

With Flash

Liptember purple (unnamed shade) (from 2013)

Liptember purple, ulternative lighting



I apologize for the patchiness of the Liptember lip swatches above, it usually applies nicer but I used too much makeup remover over the course of the evening doing so many swatches (I did all my lipsticks in one night) and this just started to happen.

(Also, Liptember is a lipstick sold to raise money for women's mental health. See the Liptember website for more information. They are now available again from Chemist Warehouse in Australia).


Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in Grunge, applied heavily (and somewhat messily, opps)

Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in Grunge applied lighter.



Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in TOK-I-O, straight after application and still wet.

Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in TOK-I-O, dried

The TOK-I-O lip swatches were also a little patchier than usual due to the same problem I mentioned above. It really shouldn't be an issue in daily life, though, unless you are trying on a lot of lipsticks to decide what you want to wear.

 I also I tried mixing Tok-I-O with a small amount of Lovely ME:EX Makeup Base in shade 02 (purple) by the Faceshop (reviewed here).

The results are shown below:


Now, I gave away the Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Vigorous Violet before I remembered to do the lip swatch, I'm sorry. I didn't like this lipstick, and it didn't like to apply evenly on my lips.











No comments:

Post a Comment